At long last WSM Law (that’s me, Wendy Meadows) is entering the legal news and blogging world. For so long a lot of us have been wishing for a huge pause button to come along so we can get all of the (many) to do list items done. For me? I am using some of my “downtime” while the courts are closed to research and really think about what the people of Maryland need family-law wise. First step? Create a place where I can reach you, provide information to you, and hopefully make the practice of family law a little more transparent.
Stay tuned for
- Maryland Family Law News
- Information on how the Court Process Works
- How courts are viewing custody matters in light of COVID-19 and Governor Hogan’s Orders
- Information on Collaborative Law
- A “What Is” Series
- What is a Consult?
- What is Mediation?
- What is Collaborative Law?
- What is a Scheduling Conference?
- What is a Settlement Conference?
- What is Discovery?
- What are these Interrogatories? (Or, as my clients like to call them “Interrogations”)
- What is a Deposition?
- What is trial and why is so expensive?
The good news? Not only am I looking forward to time to share News with you. I am looking forward to virtually meeting with you. I am one of the lucky few who have been using platforms such as Zoom since 2016 to conduct “virtual” meetings, consults, mediations, etc. and I am up and running to help you during this scary/hectic/crazy/unforeseen pandmeic. If you would like to schedule a consult with me to go over your family law matter, please contact me here and we can schedule a time (usually about 90 minuets to 2 hours) to discuss your situation.
All the best and wishing you safety and security,